Welcome to TCA
TCA is a national government body responsible for providing assurance in the use of telematics and related intelligent technologies, to support the current and emerging needs of Australian Governments.
TCA is a 'cross-cutting' organisation which works across different policy streams, surface transport modes, and government and industry sectors.
TCA's vision is to be the prominent Australian leader in the provision of high quality, independent Advice, Accreditation and Administration services to governments, to support the current and emerging use of telematics and related intelligent technologies for public purpose initiatives.
TCA’s mission is to provide assurance to governments, industry sectors and end-users in the use of telematics and related intelligent technologies to enable improved surface transport outcomes in productivity, safety and efficiency to be realised.
TCA has become widely recognised as the prominent leader in the provision of services to governments including:
- Advice founded on a demonstrated capability to design and deploy operational systems and services as enablers for reform
- Accreditation in the type-approval and certification of systems and services that give confidence to all stakeholders
- Administration of programs for, and on behalf, of Members and other relevant stakeholders.
The term assurance means 'Productivity', 'Accessibility' and 'Integrity'.
TCA provides assurance by…
- Current and anticipated needs that inform governments and strategic policy environments
- State-of-the-art national and international developments and strategic implications that inform current and emerging public policy needs
- Requirements that address public and private outcomes.
- Independent qualified domain expertise
- Trusted advice that is informed by an understanding of public and private spheres of influence, strategic policy directions of government, and international development and best practice principles
- Specifications and associated collateral that address public and private outcomes.
- Fit for purpose business and operational models that deliver assurance
- Administration and managerial services
- Accreditation services.
- Quality systems for the mobility of people, products and assets.