Welcome to TCA
Transport Certification Australia Limited (TCA) was established by government agencies, representing State, Territory and Australian governments, as a company limited by guarantee established under the Corporations Act (Cth).
TCA's Vision and Mission
TCA's vision is to be recognised as the Australian leader in the provision of high quality advice, accreditation and administration services to improve mobility through information, communications and sensor solutions.
TCA provides assurance in the use of information, communications and sensor solutions through identifying, delivering and deploying quality systems.
Provision of high quality:
Advice founded on a demonstrated capability to design and deploy operational systems as enablers for reform
Accreditation in the type-approval and certification of telematics and intelligent technologies and services that give confidence to all stakeholders for their consideration of use
Administration of programs, such as the Intelligent Access Program (IAP)
Assurance means 'Accessibility', 'Integrity' and 'Productivity'
The vision acknowledges that TCA is no longer simply the administrator of the IAP. It reflects and responds to the growing use of telematics and other intelligent technologies to address public policy needs.
- Current and anticipated needs that inform governments and strategic policy environments
- State-of-the-art national and international developments and strategic implications that inform current and emerging public policy needs
- Requirements that address public and private outcomes
- Independent qualified domain expertise
- Trusted advice that is informed by an understanding of public and private spheres of influence, strategic policy directions of government, and international development and best practice principles
- Specifications and associated collateral that address public and private outcomes
- Fit for purpose business and operational models that deliver assurance
- Administrator and managerial services
- Accreditation services
Quality systems for the mobility of people, products and assets