The On-Board Mass (OBM) System Functional and Technical Specification has been developed by TCA.
The Specification incorporates requirements for:
- Physical characteristics
- Environmental characteristics
- Data collection
- Record generation
- Data storage
- Data security and transfer
- Interconnection to another telematics device
- Installation, operation, maintenance and calibration
- Provision of OBM System Documentation for Type-Approval
The On-Board Mass (OBM) Functional and Technical Specification was informed by practical deployments of OBM systems by industry and government.
How to use the On-Board Mass (OBM) System Functional and Technical Specification
The On-Board Mass (OBM) System Functional and Technical Specification may be used for the following broad purposes:
- For suppliers of OBM Systems investigating and/or planning to apply for type-approval
- For end-users investigating and comparing different OBM Systems against the Specification
- Note: It is solely the responsibility of the end-user to satisfy itself whether the OBM System meets the Specification. TCA cannot and does not make any representation that OBM Systems that have not been type-approved by TCA satisfy the requirements of the Specification
- For end-users purchasing an OBM System that has been type-approved by TCA
- Note: A Certificate of Conformance On-Board Mass (OBM) System will be provided by the supplier or an agent, distributor or retailer at the point of supply to the end-user of each type-approved OBM System.
Request a copy
To obtain a copy of the On-Board Mass (OBM) System Functional and Technical Specification please complete your details in the form below:
For further information, please contact TCA on (03) 8601 4600 or email@example.com