A telematics service certified by TCA as a CTS provides a way to obtain strong assurances in the use of telematics and associated services, where public purpose outcomes are sought.
CTS forms part of the National Telematics Framework, and leverages TCA's established certification and audit program for telematics for Australian Governments.
Referencing a nationally agreed suite of technical, functional, business and legal requirements, CTS responds to requests for TCA to certify services for a growing range of users of telematics.
A benefit for users of CTS is its inherent flexibility. Specific components or a combination of components, from the full suite of requirements available through CTS can be applied to satisfy different business and user needs.
Benefits of using a CTS
- Assurance that a service is designed to deliver the right information
- Assurance that the telematics system works as intended, through an independent certification and audit program established and utilised by Australian Governments
- A flexible framework to meet the specific needs of users
- Strong privacy and commercial safeguards>
- Allows the user to deal with business outputs, and for TCA to deal with technology and operational inputs.
TCA can assist if you are:
- An existing user of telematics - be it an in-house service or out sourced through a current service provider - and want assurance that it is delivering what you want and expect
- Contemplating the use of telematics - to deliver a program or service, and seek assurance that your objectives are accurately translated into functional and technical requirements, including having the service certified as a CTS
- A telematics provider - and provide services that could benefit from being certified as CTS.
Case Studies on how a CTS provides assurance can be found here.
To view the CTS brochure click here.